Summer Fresh Raspberry Crèpe CakeThis stunning but easy-to-make cake is made from layers of raspberry sauce between delicately thin crepes made with Lactantia® Lactose Free 2% Milk.
- 40 mins prep
- 40 mins cook
- 6 - 8 servings
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 6 eggs
- 4.5 cups Lactantia® Lactose Free 2% Milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- Cooking spray, as needed
- 5.5 cups frozen raspberries
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup icing sugar
- In a nonstick pan on medium heat, add the sugar and the frozen raspberries. Bring to a simmer and continue cooking for 8 minutes until the fruit has broken down completely. Mix with a spoon.
- Pass the mixture through a sieve and place back in the pot.
- Mix the cornstarch with 3 tbsp of water to make a slurry.
- Bring the Raspberry sauce up to a gently boil, add in the well stirred slurry and stir until thickened.
- Transfer the sauce to a bowl and cool in the fridge for 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, Lactantia® Lactose Free Milk and oil together.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour with the sugar and the salt.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and whisk until smooth.
- In a nonstick crepe pan on medium heat, spray evenly with cooking spray, then using a measuring cup, pour the crepe mixture slowly into the pan, lifting the pan off the stove and leaning it back and forth until it covers the pan thinly.
- Bring pan back to the heat and let cook for a minute or two, you will notice the crepe setting. Flip the crepe and cook the other side.
- Once cooked, place the crepe on a square of parchment paper and place a second paper over top.
- Repeat the process for each crepe, piling the crepes, one on top of the other with a piece of parchment in between each one. Let cool completely.
Crepe Cake Assembly:
- On a cake stand, place the first 2 crepes.
- Spread 2 tbsp of the Raspberry filling, then cover with 2 more crepes. Repeat until the last crepe.
- On top layer, spread the remaining 2 tbsp of filling, cover with fresh berries and sprinkle with icing sugar.