Artichoke and Ricotta Dip
This tangy recipe uses Lactantia® Lactose Free 2% Milk and Lactantia® Lactose Free 35% Whipping Cream for a rich and creamy dip that goes perfectly with pita chips.
- 15 mins prep
- 20 mins cook, Refrigeration: 1.5 hrs
- 4 - 6 servings
- 3.5 cups Lactantia® Lactose Free 2% Milk
- 3/4 cup Lactantia® Lactose Free 35% Cream
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 540ml can of marinated artichokes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp thyme, chopped
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 4 pitas, cut into triangles
- In a medium pot, bring the Lactantia® Lactose Free Milk and Lactantia® Lactose Free 35% Whipping Cream to a boil on medium heat.
- Remove from heat, add the salt and lemon juice. Stir gently and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Place cheesecloth over a colander and place the colander over a large bowl. Pour the liquid over the cheesecloth and let sit for 1.5 hours. As it cools, it will thicken.
- Take the thickened ricotta out of the cheesecloth and place the ricotta in a bowl, cover it and chill in the fridge for 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a food processor, puree the marinated artichokes, leaving it slightly chunky.
- Place the artichokes in a bowl, mix in the parsley, thyme, salt, lemon juice and cooled ricotta.
- Place the dip in an ovenproof dish and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve warm with pita bread.