Lactose Free Mac & Cheese
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Servings: 4
- 2 cups (200g) of elbow macaroni
- ¼ cup (62g) of Lactantia® Lactose Free Butter, Salted
- ¼ cup (32g) of all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp (3g) salt
- Ground pepper, to taste
- 2 cups (500mL) of Lactantia® Lactose Free 2% Milk
- 2 cups (250g) of shredded Black Diamond® Lactose Free Marble or Old Cheddar
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 minutes. Drain.
- Shred Black Diamond® Lactose Free cheese.
- Melt Lactantia® Lactose Free butter in a saucepan over medium heat; stir in flour, salt, and pepper until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Slowly pour Lactantia® Lactose Free milk into butter-flour mixture while continuously stirring until mixture is smooth and bubbling, about 5 minutes.
- Add Black Diamond® Lactose Free cheese to milk mixture and stir until cheese is melted, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Fold macaroni into cheese sauce until coated.
- Transfer to baking dish and sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 325° F (160° C) until crispy!