Poached Pear with Maple Caramel Sauce
Poached pears are a healthier dessert option, but no less delicious! What makes this recipe the crème de la crème? A homemade crème fraiche featuring Lactantia® 35% Whipping Cream.
- 30 mins prep
- 15 mins cook
- 6 servings
- 6 Pears, bosc or anjou
- 1 cup white wine
- ½ cup Lactantia® 35% Whipping Cream
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 whole star anise
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 cup Lactantia® 35% Whipping Cream
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a bowl, mix together the cup of Lactantia® 35% Whipping Cream.
- Cover with plastic wrap and leave on the counter for 8-24 hours.
- Once ready, stir in vanilla. Crème fraiche can keep in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
- Poached Pears: Using a peeler, peel the pears starting from the bottom, leaving stems intact.
- Using an apple corer or a melon baller, remove the core and seeds of the pear.
- Take a large piece of parchment paper, and place a medium sized pot upside down on it. Trace the pot’s circumference and remove pot. Fold the parchment, so that you fold the circle right in half. Cut the circle and set aside.
- In your medium sauce pot, bring the white wine, Lactantia® 35% Whipping Cream, maple syrup, cinnamon sticks, star anise, and cloves to a slow simmer.
- Add in the pears, and cover with the parchment paper, keeping the pears submerged in the liquid. Simmer slowly for about 10 minutes after which time, turn the pears and continue poaching for another 10.
- Remove pears and discarded spices, then set pears aside.
- Bring liquid to a boil and reduce until a nice thick sauce is formed. Let cool.
- Serve pears with sauce and a dollop of homemade creme fraiche.