Honey-Lemon Pistachio Panna Cotta
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes (+ 6 hours standing time)
- Serves: 4
An easy Italian dessert, this rich and creamy panna cotta is flavoured with zesty lemon and sweetened with honey.
- 2 1/4 cups (550 mL) Lactantia® 18% Table Cream, divided
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) honey
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) granulated sugar
- 3 strips lemon zest (about 2-inch/5 cm strips)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) unflavoured gelatin powder
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped pistachios
- 2 tsp (10 mL) grated lemon zest
- In saucepan, combine 2 cups (500 mL) cream, honey, sugar, lemon zest and vanilla; cook over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture starts to simmer around edge of pan. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle gelatin over remaining cream; let stand for about 5 minutes or until gelatin has softened. Stir gelatin mixture into cream and honey mixture; whisk until gelatin is dissolved. Strain through fine-meshed strainer.
- Divide mixture among four (6 oz/175 mL) ramekins, bowls or cups. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 6 hours or until set.
- Serve panna cotta in ramekins or turn out onto serving dishes. Garnish with pistachios and lemon zest.
Substitute almonds, hazelnuts or walnuts for pistachios.