Grilled Pineapple and Mint Salad
Fire up the barbeque for this delectable salad that’s topped with grilled pineapple and tossed in a fresh mint dressing made with Lactantia® Lactose Free 2% Milk.
- 15 mins prep
- 8-10 mins cook
- 4 servings
- 8 pineapple slices
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 fennel, shaved on the mandolin
- 8 radish, cut into thin slices
- Boston lettuce, Leaves ripped into pieces
- 1 cup Lactantia® Lactose Free 2% Milk
- ½ cup Lactantia® Lactose Free 35% Whipping Cream
- ½ cup packed mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Preheat your barbeque to 375°F.
- In a bowl combine the brown sugar and the pineapples slices.
- Place the pineapple slices on the barbeque for two minutes on each side and remove from heat.
- For the dressing: in a mixer, beat the Lactantia® Lactose Free 35% Whipping Cream to soft peaks, around 5 minutes. Then, fold in the Lactantia® Lactose Free Milk, mint, mustard, cider vinegar, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the shaved fennel, the radishes, Boston lettuce and about ½ cup of the dressing (save the rest in the fridge).
- On a platter, place the salad mix, top with the pineapples, and serve.