Crostini with Butter-Roasted Tomatoes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Serves: 6
Pumped up with lots of buttery rich flavours, these roasted tomatoes are the perfect appetizer served over toasted bread – but just as delicious tossed with pasta.
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Lactantia® Salted Butter, cubed
- 2 lb (1 kg) grape tomatoes
- 8 cloves garlic, halved
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) tomato paste
- 1 loaf crusty Italian bread or ciabatta bread, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease square baking dish generously with some of the butter; arrange grape tomatoes, garlic and thyme in baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Dot with remaining butter and tomato paste.
- Bake, stirring occasionally, for 30 to 35 minutes or until tomatoes start to blister and juices are thickened.
- Preheat broiler to high. Arrange slices of bread on baking sheet. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden and toasted.
- Serve butter-roasted tomatoes over bread.
- For a variation, grill bread until well marked and toasted.
- Top with shaved Parmesan cheese if desired.