Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
Waffles, toast, fruit… everything tastes better with a little Lactantia® Chocolate Hazelnut Spread. Store the spread in a tightly sealed glass jar and you’ll always have a homemade treat on hand!
- 10 mins prep
- 20 mins cook
- 2 servings
- 1 ½ cups Hazelnuts, skinless
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 250g semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
- ¼ cup Lactantia® Unsalted Butter, cut into cubes
- ½ cup Lactantia® 35% whipping cream
- ¼ tsp salt
- In a food processor, blend the hazelnuts and sugar until smooth and almost peanut butter like. This will take between 2-4 minutes.
- Place chopped chocolate in a bowl and set over a bain marie (pot of boiling water, you place the bowl on top of the pot).
- Bring the Lactantia® 35% whipping cream to a boil and pour over chocolate.
- Add the Lactantia® unsalted butter and mix until melted and incorporated.
- Remove the bowl from the bain marie, and using a whisk, mix the nut mixture into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour the chocolate hazelnut spread into 1 x 500mL jar and let cool. Seal and refrigerate.