Chicken and Mushroom White Bolognese with Rigatoni
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 6
This extra-creamy take on a Bolognese sauce is made with ground chicken, broth, cream and aromatic mushrooms.
- 1 cup (250 mL) Lactantia® 35% Cooking Cream
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Lactantia® Salted Butter
- 1 lb (500 g) lean ground chicken
- 1/2 lb (250 g) sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tsp (10 mL) finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) dry white wine
- 1 cup (250 mL) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 lb (500 g) rigatoni
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- Melt butter in large high-sided skillet set over medium-high heat; cook ground chicken, mushrooms, salt and pepper for 6 to 8 minutes or until starting to brown.
- Stir in onion, garlic, thyme and rosemary; cook for about 5 minutes or until onion starts to soften. Add wine; bring to boil. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until liquid is almost completely reduced.
- Pour in broth and cream. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Stir in lemon juice and mustard.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Toss pasta with sauce in skillet; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until well coated. Sprinkle with Parmesan and parsley.
For a variation, use ground turkey and substitute 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh sage for rosemary.