Roasted Butternut Squash and Sage Soup
With only 15 minutes of prep time, you’ll be on your way to a warm Roasted Butternut Squash and Sage Soup—a truly unforgettable meal for any time of year.
- 50 mins prep
- 15 mins cook
- 6 servings
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed into 1inch pieces
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup Lactantia® 15% Cooking Cream
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- ¼ cup fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
- On a roasting pan, place the butternut squash and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
- Season with ¼ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes until nice and golden.
- In a pot, heat the canola oil and sautée the garlic, onion, carrot, and celery for three minutes.
- Add the butternut squash and cover with chicken stock. After 15 minutes, add in the sage.
- Cook the soup for another 15 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, the pour soup into a blender and purée until smooth.
- Strain the soup through a sieve and place back into the pot.
- Finish the soup by adding the 15% cooking cream and remaining salt and pepper before you serve.