Maple Pecan Scones
- 13 - 15 mins prep
- 30 mins cook
- about 12 servings
- 3 cups (750 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) toasted pecan halves, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Lactantia® Maple Flavoured Butter, cold, diced
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) plus 1 tbsp (15 ml) Lactantia® 35% Whipping Cream
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Lactantia® Maple Flavoured Butter, softened
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lightly packed brown sugar
- Lactantia® PūrFiltre Milk or water
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a large bowl, combine flour, pecans, and baking powder. With pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- In another bowl, whisk together Lactantia® whipping cream, sugar and egg. Pour the cream mixture into the flour mixture; stir with a fork until dough comes together
- On a lightly floured surface, turn dough out and with floured hands, knead two to three times (do not over mix). Pat dough into a 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick. Dip a 2 inch (5 cm) round biscuit/cookie cutter into flour and cut out scones. Be careful not to twist the cutter. Gather scraps together and repeat until all dough is used.
- In small bowl, combine flour, pecans, Lactantia® Maple flavoured butter and sugar; set aside.
- Place scones on a parchment-lined baking sheet and lightly brush each top with Lactantia® PūrFiltre milk. Be careful so that it does not drip down the sides. Sprinkle with topping and bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until puffed and golden. Serve warm or cold.