Mussels with Tarragon Cream Sauce
Lactantia® 15% Cooking Cream infuses this popular seaside dish with rich flavour. Known for its unique fragrance and flavour, tarragon makes the perfect accent to the perfect meal.
- 20 mins prep
- 15 mins cook
- 2 servings
- 2 lb mussels, rinsed and cleaned
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tsp chili flakes
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup Lactantia® 15% Cooking Cream
- 2 tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- ¼ cup tomato, diced
- 6 tbsp green onions, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 cups olive oil
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil.
- Add the garlic, chili peppers, and onion. Sautée for two minutes until lightly browned.
- Add in the mussels, and stir to coat in the onion mixture.
- Pour in the white wine and stir the mussels.
- Cover the pot and let the mussels steam for about 8 minutes until the shells open
- Using a slotted spoon, remove mussels and place on a serving platter.
- Bring the liquid in the pot to a boil, season with salt and pepper, and tarragon. Reduce for a couple of minute then add in the Lactantia® 15% Cooking Cream.
- Pour sauce over the mussels and sprinkle with chopped tomatoes and green onions.