Cherry Tomato, Mushroom, Bacon, and Thyme Frittata
This surprisingly simple Mushroom, Cherry Tomato, Bacon, and Thyme Frittata makes breakfast the most important and tasty meal of the day. Give it a try for your quick Sunday brunch.
- 30 mins prep
- 15 mins cook
- 6 - 8 servings
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups mushrooms, chopped (oyster, button and shitake)
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- ½ cup Lactantia® 10% Half and Half Cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- In a 9-inch or 10-inch skillet, heat the olive oil and sautée the mushrooms for a few minutes until caramelized.
- Add in the tomatoes, the bacon, and half the thyme and toss.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, Lactantia® Half and Half 10% Cream, salt and pepper, remaining thyme. Add to the pan.
- Stir the egg mixture off and on, until the mixture begins to firm up.
- Stop stirring and let cook for another minute.
- Place pan in the oven and finish cooking for 15-20 minutes until the frittata is firmly cooked through.
- Invert onto a cutting board and let cool for 10 minutes.