Maple Thumbprint Cookies with Blueberry Jam
- 8 - 10 mins prep
- 40 mins cook
- 50 cookies
- 1 cup (250 ml) Lactantia® Maple Flavoured Butter, softened
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Lactantia® 10% Half & Half Cream
- 2 tsp (10 ml) pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups (1 L) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) blueberry jam
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large bowl, beat together Lactantia® Maple Flavoured Butter and sugars until well combined and fluffy. Scrape down bowl and beat in eggs 1 at a time, incorporating well after each addition. Beat in Lactantia® cream and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, combine flour and baking powder; add to butter mixture and beat just to incorporate (over mixing will result in tough cookies).
- Shape dough into 3/4-inch (2 cm) balls. Place 2 inches (5 cm) apart, on ungreased cookie or baking sheet. With thumb, make an indentation in the center of each.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on pan on wire rack. While cookies are still warm, fill each indentation with jam and cool completely.