All Recipes, Holiday
Holiday Jam Cookies
Serves: 24 cookies Preparation: 20 mins Cook Time: 7 mins
- Preheat the oven to 375° F (190° C). Grease cookie sheets with Lactantia® European Style butter.
- In a large bowl, cream together Lactantia® European Style butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg. Combine the flour and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Dough will be stiff. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Using a round cookie cutter, cut 24 cookies. Using a star cookie cutter, cut stars into the center of half of the cookies. Set cookies 1 inch apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 5 to 7 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden around the edges. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.
- Once the cookies are cooled, dust the tops with confectioner sugar and place a teaspoon of jam onto each cookie bottom and spread out to cover the cookie. Place cookie tops on jam bottoms to complete your cookies.