Garlic Butter Grilled Cheese
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 4
Homemade garlic butter makes this simple everyday grilled cheese extra-special.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Lactantia® Salted Butter with Sea Salt, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 8 thick slices day-old French bread
- 4 tsp (20 mL) Dijon mustard
- 8 slices Cracker Barrel Cheddar cheese
- 4 slices Cracker Barrel mozzarella cheese
- Stir together butter, parsley, garlic, garlic powder, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Spread garlic butter over both sides of sliced bread. Spread 4 slices of bread with Dijon mustard; top each with 1 slice Cheddar, 1 slice mozzarella and another slice of Cheddar. Cap with remaining bread.
- Preheat large skillet set over medium-low heat; cook sandwiches, in 4 batches, for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden brown and cheese melts. Cut each sandwich in half before serving.
For over-the-top grilled cheese, add cooked bacon slices to the sandwich and top with an egg fried in butter.