Chai Chili Hot Chocolate
Cardamom, cinnamon, cayenne and anise transform basic hot chocolate into a treat for the senses; who needs a café when you can make this lactose free delight at home!Can also be made with Lactantia® 2% PūrFiltre Milk.
- 15 mins prep
- 15 mins cook
- 2 servings
- 3 cups Lactantia® Lactose Free Milk 2%
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cardamom cloves
- 2 whole star anise
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 4 oz, 113g semi-sweet chocolate
- In a heavy bottomed pot, bring the Lactantia® Lactose Free Milk 2%, cardamom cloves, star anise, cinnamon, and cayenne to a boil, then immediately shut off, and move pot to the side.
- Let milk steep for 10 minutes and then strain.
- Clean the pot, and put the strained milk back in, bringing milk to a boil.
- Add in the finely chopped chocolate and vanilla, and stir until fully melted.
- Serve and enjoy.