French Vanilla Breakfast Biscuits
Add a touch of natural vanilla to the fresh and creamy taste of Lactantia® Milk and discover the delightful experience that is Lactantia® Flavoured Milk.
- 15 mins cook
- 15 mins prep
- 20 servings
- 2 ½ cups All Purpose Flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 vanilla beans, seeds scraped
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp Lactantia® French Vanilla Flavoured Milk
- Preheat your oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
- In a large mixing bowl sift together the flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder.
- In a measuring cup, mix together the vanilla bean seeds and the Lactancia® French Vanilla Flavoured Milk and set aside.
- Using your hands, blend together the butter and dry ingredients until the mixture becomes sandy with rough chunks of butter. You do not want the butter to become too small, as the size will affect how high your biscuits will rise.
- Make a space in the bottom of your bowl, and add in 3/4 of the milk mixture.
- Again, using your hands mix the dry and wet together until you form a dough. If the mixture is too dry add the remaining wet ingredients.
- Once the dough is formed, lay it out on a floured surface, and roll our the dough to a thickness of 1/2 inch.
- Using a round cookie cutter, cut out rounds from the dough. Take remaining dough, and roll a second time, and repeat cut outs. Do this until no dough remains.
- Place biscuits on a parchment lined baking sheet, brush with remaining 2 Tbsp of Lactancia® French Vanilla Flavoured Milk and bake for 10 -15 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Let cool and enjoy.