Buffalo Style Chicken Fingers
For a dish everybody will love, try these crunchy fried chicken fingers made with Lactantia® Lactose Free 2% Milk and served with a spicy dipping sauce.
- Marinating Time: 2 - 4 hrs, 20 mins prep
- 20 mins cook
- 4 servings
- 2 cups Lactantia® Lactose Free 2% Milk
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into 16 long strips
- ½ tsp salt + ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp + 2 cups all purpose flour, divided
- 4 cups Lactantia® Lactose Free 2% Milk®, divided in 2
- 2 tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 cup Frank’s® RedHot Sauce
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ¼ tsp + 1 tsp salt
- Enough canola oil for frying
- Place chicken in a bowl with 2 cups of the Lactantia® Lactose Free Milk and ½ tsp of salt. Cover and let marinate for 2-4 hours
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pot on medium heat. Add in the 3 tbsp of flour and mix together with a whisk. Cook for 2- 3 minutes until it forms a light brown colour.
- Add in the remaining 2 cups of Lactantia® Lactose Free Milk slowly, whisking as you add to remove lumps. Cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Off the heat, add in the Frank’s® RedHot Sauce and ketchup to combine for Lactose Free dipping sauce. Place sauce in a ramequin and set aside.
- Preheat your deep fryer to 350°F.
- Set out three plates: one with flour and ¼ tsp salt, one with the eggs and one with the second cup of flour combined with 1 tsp of salt, chili powder and pepper.
- Starting with the flour, coat the chicken strips in the flour, then the egg, and finally in the seasoned flour.
- Fry in the deep fryer until the chicken strips are cooked through. These can also be baked in a 375°F oven for 25 minutes, turning them once.
- Once the chicken fingers are cooked, arrange them on 4 plates. Serve with carrots, celery and the ramequin of Lactose Free dipping sauce.